Today I am loving:
1. We are having a book shower for Sissy and sweet little Benjamin in a few weeks and I have gotten some really good gifts! I can’t share what I got since Sissy sometimes likes to catch up on my blog. But they are all books that were special to me.
2. I just got back from Destin FL, which was very restful and much needed! I came back with a pretty good tan, there is some slight peeling going on right now. To keep it looking good I thought about getting the St. Tropez self tanner. I have heard some really good things about it. Does anyone use it? If so, what do you use the lotion or spray?
3. I tried the Shellac nail polish before I went to the beach and it was great. Usually my nails begin to chip once I get in the ocean or pool. This polish is still on my nails and tomorrow will be three weeks since I got them done! Only problem is that they don’t have as many colors as OPI has in their gel polish. Has anyone tried the gel?
4. While on vacation I stayed up to date with my homework for my online class and actually got a little ahead. So I am offically half way through my first summer class!
5. Sweet Sarah has been working in Dallas for the past 5 months and I miss her terribly! But in about 5 short weeks she will be coming home!!! Which is really good cause I need my partner in crime back!
6. Tomorrow night I will be trying my first spinning class. With all my running I really need to incorporate some other workouts to give my body a rest. I go to Pure Barre once a week for toning and as much as I would LOVE to just do that twice a week it’s a little pricey for me, University of Memphis decided to increase tutition in the fall (insert scarastic smile). So I thought I would give spinning a whirl (pun intended). Have ya’ll tried it? What are some pointers that might be helpful for me?
7. My sorority Alpha Gamma Delta at the University of Memphis had a great weekend! I blogged about it a little on Monday. Over the weekend one of my sisters was crowned Miss Tennessee and will be going on to compete in Miss America in January. Another sister competed in Miss USA as Miss Tennessee and was crowned first runner-up, she even gave a little shout out to our Memphis Tigers!! So proud of both of them; Miss Tennessee Erin Hatley and Miss USA runner up Ashley Durham!
Erin- Miss Tennessee
Ashley- Miss USA First Runner-Up