. . . I am fairly certain that given a Cape and a nice Tiara, I could save the world!

Monday, September 20, 2010

Hello Fall!!!


Today is the first offical day of Fall!! Oh I could not be more excited!!

Here in Memphis it is of course still a high of 93 degrees so we are not quite ready to pull out the jackets and gloves but the fashion is one of the things I am looking forward to the most! I am loving the trend of the over the knee boots. There's a fine line between street syle and streetwalker, and this look definitely straddles the two. I have googled how to wear this look tastefully and I got some good pointers for any of ya'll that also want to try this look.
  1. Don't get the ones that are half way up your thigh! Just slightly over the knee is perfect.
  2. If you are modest wear them over skinny jeans.
  3. Want to wear a skirt or dress? Choose one that is 1-3 inches above the knee. It shows just enough skin without looking like Juila Roberts in Pretty Woman.
  4. Don't wear tight skirts or dresses.
  5. Try leggings or tights under the boots with a long shirt.

Here is the look when it hit the runway:




Miss Kim Kardashian sporting the style:



So what do you think is this look a hit or miss? If ya'll say hit then I might have to go and buy some this weekend!


4 comments:

  1. I saw some Julia Roberts ones at Dillard's this weekend. I had to laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Laura I'm sorry that it is sooo hot there for you guys! I would die :-( Trying to blow some cool air down to you guys!! The boots are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the boots - I have a pair of brown that go slightly over the knee! I love them!

    ReplyDelete