. . . I am fairly certain that given a Cape and a nice Tiara, I could save the world!

Monday, August 2, 2010

Unleashed


Unleashed was the theme for this exhausting yet amazing weekend!! I left work early on Thursday and took off Friday to spend the weekend up at The Grove (the old camp cordova) and ministered to a group of 150 inner city high school football players.

I look forward to this every year. My mom and I have helped out with FCA camp since my church first participated four years ago. We had the blessing of hosting Central High School each year and with the new accommodations at The Grove we were able to add Douglass High School to this blessing.

These boys just love to be loved on so that is what Mom and I are there for. We serve them at each meal time, which is a task to feed 150 hungry high school football players! And we get them anything that they need. We have several boys that do not have things at home to bring an others that just simply forget a towel, blanket, pillow, and toiletries.

I love to spend time with these amazing young men. This year we had 48 decisions for Christ which is amazing!! I am looking forward to seeing these teams throughout the year as we continue to feed them before games and as the small group leaders from this week go out there to lead some bible studies during practices.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures of the boys singing and worshiping, praying and playing football this weekend.
















1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness Laura! This is amazing! If you can remember next time you do something like this with them, I would absolutely LOVE to help out and serve. I often times wish I had gone into sports psychology and I think this would be such a great experience for me!

    ReplyDelete