. . . I am fairly certain that given a Cape and a nice Tiara, I could save the world!

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catch Me If You Can


For those of you that have been following me for a while know that I love running. I ran my very first Half Marathon in December for St. Jude. Afterwards though I had a lot of pain in my knee. I went to the doctor and was put in a brace with no physical activity for 8 weeks. Then very limited activity. I blogged about it here.

Well I have been just walking lately. I walk about 3 miles each time. On July 3rd there is the Firecracker 5K. I am really wanting to participate so I think I am going to sign up. I doubt I will be able to run the whole time so I am planning on doing a walk-run! But at least it will get me back into racing. I am so excited!

The race is at night so that it will not be so hot! The heat index in Memphis today is between 105 and 110.

Has anyone ran that race before? Or know anyone who has?

2 comments:

  1. girl i understand about the knee problems. i had to quit running altogether because my doctor told me i have the "knees of a 65 year old" that's a direct quote. i was training for a half and had to quit the week before. what a bummer.

    i have gotten to really like walking. i walk the trails at shelby farms. maybe when it gets cool outside we can go together! that would be fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought about signing up for it, but I am worried about the heat. It's hotter than hell right now and it's just June.

    ReplyDelete