. . . I am fairly certain that given a Cape and a nice Tiara, I could save the world!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Trucks, Sports & Dirt!



That's right I am going to have a NEPHEW!!!

Benjamin William will be here in 20 more weeks and my life will forever change!! Growing up it was just me and Sissy so we had all things girly at our house. But with the addition of Benjamin we will switch gears from dance recitals, cheerleading competitions and gymnastics practice to baseball, football and soccer games ... and I am so excited!!

Once I heard the news yesterday I left on my lunch break and immediately went shopping! I couldn't help it, I have been dying to buy stuff since we found out that my Sissy was pregnant. Both her and her hubby read this so I can't tell you just yet what all I got but it is precious!!

I wish they didn't live 4 hours away so I could talk to that sweet little growing baby bump of Sissys, Benjamin's ears have fully developed and he can hear sounds now!! If I could talk to him I would say something like this ...

My Sweet Benjamin,

I am so glad that I am lucky enough to get to be your Aunt! Yesterday I found out that you were going to be you, and I am going to love you to pieces! I hope you know just how blessed you are and how much God must love you to give you the best parents in the world. And your Grandparents … don’t even get me started on them cause we could talk for hours about how much they love you and have prayed for you, something that will continue all your sweet life. They did a great job raising your Mom and I know that she is going to do an amazing job raising you! Your Dad is one of the most incredible men I have ever met. He looks after me just like a big brother and I know that he is going to take such good care of you.

I have had the privilege of having these people in my life for the last 25 years, 3 years for your dad but it feels like he has been there just as long, and having them love me, look after me, protect me and pray for me; so I know all the wonderful things that you are going to experience by being a part of this family. However, as wonderful as your parents are there are going to be sometimes that you need to have a vacation from them and that is where I come into your life! I am going to be your safe place, the person that you can come to and tell your secrets, the one who will let you stay up past your bed time and build forts with you in my living room. I will be the one who is yelling the loudest at all your ball games. I am going to be the Aunt that builds sand castles with you at the beach and makes mud pies with you in the backyard. I cannot wait for you to get here and to hold you in my arms for the first time! These next 20 weeks until your birthday are going to seem like an eternity to me. But when you do decide to grace us with your presence I will be right there waiting to welcome you into this world with a hug, a kiss and a prayer!

I love you more than the world!

Aunt Lolly

3 comments:

  1. Laura,
    That was so sweet!! Ben is so lucky to have you for an aunt. Now we just need to move you closer!!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete