. . . I am fairly certain that given a Cape and a nice Tiara, I could save the world!

Monday, May 2, 2011

Hello May ...

I sure hope you bring me some pretty flowers!! With all the rain we have had lately I am very excited to turn the calendar and see the word May!!

This month brings me some much needed rest before my summer classes start up. It brings pretty flowers and great weather, the marriage of two of my favorite people, the summer movies at the Orpheum start up and Kix on beale is just around the corner.

I am hopeful that with all the tornadoes and winds that have recently been blowing through that it will bring some much needed changes for me as well!

This weekend was amazing!! I ran in the Music City Half Marathon and I had decided that I would be happy if I completed it in at least 2:4o. I added sometime to the last half that I ran because this one had so many hills I knew that I would not run it as fast. Well to my surprise I ended up finishing in 2:23!! Which is my personal best time! I guess I was a little more prepared then I thought!
Pre-race

Post-race ... you can definitely tell the difference! ha!

Back at the hotel updating Facebook on my new best time!!

While in the Nashville area I got to catch up with some friends that live there. Momma and I also eat lunch at the Homestead Manor! It is a great tea room and if you are in the Nashville area then you have to go there!! When it was time to leave and come home I almost just stayed! I love Nashville and can't wait to be there permanently.


Hope you all have a great week!! Finals are here so I am almost done for the semester!!


1 comment: