. . . I am fairly certain that given a Cape and a nice Tiara, I could save the world!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Keep Runnin' and Runnin'

I have signed up for the Music City Half Marathon on April 30th!!

The only half I have ever ran was the St. Jude here in Memphis. With all the hills in Nashville its going to be a little different so I am switching up my training a little. I usually run 4 days a week and cross traing twice a week with one rest day. My cross trainings were Yoga and Step Class. I love step class but it is really cardio focused and I feel like I would benefit more from some strength training and bulid up some muscle so I can take on those hills!

I am still keeping Yoga because after all the running and strength training I need a good day of just relaxing and streching! For my strength training I have decided on a workout called Pure Barre. I first learned about this before the last half and bought a dvd of it. Then the Junior League hosted an event and I figured I would try it out ... I mean a free new workout hello!! I didn't think it would be hard but I was wrong!! It is great for toning!!

They say after 10 classes you can see a dramatic difference in your body. During the course of my training I will be taking 9 classes so I will probably take a before and after shot and post them when the training is complete and see if there really is a difference.

Is there any workout that you love and think I need to look into?

If anyone is intrested in what my training schedule looks like or would like the beginners schedule I used last time email me and I would be happy to send it to you!

4 comments:

  1. This is SO neat! Thanks for sharing! Good luck with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Husband and I just started P90X. Today is day 5 of the Lean program and I have already lost a couple pounds and can see a difference =) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're so motivated. i love it! pure barre seems really good. have fun at your classes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i've done nashville 2 times! do lots of hill training! i've blogged about those nasty hills! you can do it!
    p.s. i'm so sad i missed the blog dinner! AND i can't believe i was your cheerleading coach! glad i finally found your blog! good job!
    angie

    ReplyDelete